Additional Opportunities for Abstract Distribution
Various Montessori organisations worldwide are collecting research abstracts to further establish connections with the larger community of researchers. By being part of the International Montessori Congress you are also eligible for additional inclusion in libraries and print publications.
Acceptance of an abstract for further distribution is not dependent on whether the researcher is able to be in attendance at the Montessori International Congress but is based on the appropriateness and quality of the research abstract.
We hope that you will take advantage of this great opportunity for increased visibility!
Research Poster Requirements
The maximum dimensions of your poster are 90 cm x 120 cm (portrait orientation).
In order to fit the poster board, your poster should not exceed the recommended size. Prepare your material beforehand so that it will fit neatly into the space available and can be easily attached to the board. Thin cardboard is more suitable than paper. The Congress organizers will provide suitable fixing materials, and on-site assistance will be available to help you display your poster.
Your final poster should include the following sections:
- Background/Literature Review
- Research Questions
Research Methods, including discussion of validity consideration
- Searching for discrepant evidence and negative cases
- Member checks
- “Rich” data
For more information, see: Maxwell, J. (2005). Qualitative research design: An interactive approach, 2nd Edition. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- How might you be wrong? (Internal Validity)
- Do findings apply outside this study? (External Validity)
- Are you measuring what you purport to measure? (Construct Reliability)
- Are your results repeatable? (Reliability)
Have you dealt with issues of researcher bias? (Objectivity)
For more information, see: McMillan, J. and Schumacher, S. (2009). Research in education: Evidence based inquiry, 7th Ed. Boston: Prentice Hall, Inc.
- Qualitative research
- Discussion (implications for Montessori practice, limitations and next steps including future research)
- Have discussion guides, survey instruments, observation forms, sample field notes, etc. available if not part of poster itself.